Saturday 31 August 2013

How to avoid force close if there is no data to fetch in db

How to avoid force close if there is no data to fetch in db

I'm having some problem in avoiding force stop of my application. When I
click my load button it is supposed to load all data present in my
database. However, if there is no data present in my database, I want to
display a toast saying that there is no data to fetch in the db.
save.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener(){
public void onClick(View v) {
db.addContact(new PlayerData(name,score));
Log.d("Insert: ", "Inserting ..");
}
});
load.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener(){
public void onClick(View v) {
List<PlayerData> contacts = db.getAllContacts();
//check to ensure there are users
if(contacts.size()==0)
try {
throw new Exception();
} catch (Exception e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
PlayerData player = contacts.get(0);
String showName = player.getName();
int showScore = player.getscore();
Log.d("Getting:", showName);
Log.d("Getting:", Integer.toString(showScore));
saved.setText("Player Name: "+showName+" Player Score:
"+showScore);
}
});

No comments:

Post a Comment